Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vegas Vacation!

Ryan and I got to fly to Vegas the last weekend in September to go visit one of my best friends (and old roommate for 3 years, before I got married), Jen! She just had her cute baby girl a few months before that, and lucky for me, one of the cheapest flights you can get out of Idaho Falls is to Vegas, where Jen lives! PERFECT!!

Ryan and I stayed at Bally's hotel, and we had a blast getting to see Jen and her husband, Anthony, and their cute little baby girl, Emmerson.


I love seeing Jen, cause she is like the little sister I never had, and I miss her SO MUCH!


Things we did while in Vegas:

We got THE MOST delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity 3 (outside of Caesar's Palace). Seriously, yummy, and a must have if you are in Vegas! They cost about $9, but totally worth it! It has small, chopped ice pieces in a blend of several different kinds of chocolate, and topped off with whipped topping and chocolate shavings (it's more of a chocolate milk kind of taste with the ice bits that make it that much better). We splurged, and got some on two different days! Mmmm....


We saw Penn & Teller (Ryan loves magic, and it was a buy one get one free deal....however, he decided that we won't ever see the same show in Vegas twice, cause it was EXACTLY the same show of theirs that we saw back in April...almost word for word. Not fun when you can anticipate the whole show! Ryan used HIS money for it though, so I was ok with it :).


Got to see the inside of The Venetian for the first time. VERY nice hotel.


Had a BBQ at Jen's house! Got to play with cute Emmerson. I think she got tired of all the flashing lights from my camera :) Ryan kept getting mad at me for taking her picture so much; he was VERY protective over her...very cute. She did really good with Ryan as he held, fed, burped, and had her fall asleep on his lap. He's a dad in the making!


This is the start of the "grump-grump face" from Emmerson, after picture upon picture taken by me :)


Followed up by giving me the "bird" and a shaken fist!


But really, she's a sweet and beautiful baby!


Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower in the Paris. Watched the Bellagio water show from up there!


We had a blast, and it was a nice get-a-way weekend for us. It was SO good to see Jen and her cute family, and we appreciated how gracious they were to me and Ryan (picking us up from our hotel and driving us back and forth to their house, cooking us meals, and letting us just hang out and talk with them!). Can't wait to see them over Christmas break back in AZ, hopefully!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm still a little bummed we missed this but hopefully we'll be able to see you guys during Christmas.