Sunday, July 13, 2008

6 Random Things About Pam

I had a friend that tagged me to list 6 random things about myself...so I'll give this a try.

1) I went down the worlds largest raftable waterfall (25 feet) in New Zealand. It was an 8 man raft, with a 50-50 chance of flipping on the way down. I'm happy to say, we didn't flip! :)

2) I absolutely love to eat tomatoes whole, like you would eat an apple, but hate them sliced and on my sandwiches/hamburgers.

3) I played the violin all growing up, and was even 1st Chair Violin in my Junior Year in high school.

4) I was ambidextrious (sp?) until I broke my left arm in Kindergarten, falling off of my older sisters (too big for me) bike, and was forced to use my right arm for 6 weeks, while my left arm was in a cast!

5) I am absolutely TERRIFIED of E.T. Yes. You read that right...E.T. As in Extra Terrestrial. I saw that movie in the movie theater with my family when I was only 3 years old (probably one of my earliest memories...I can actually remember this). I sat through the whole movie with my moms hand over my eyes, and I would spread her fingers every so often to see through until I got scared again. My mom bought me an E.T. action figure to help me get over my fear. You could push a button on his back and his head would raise up. I ripped his head off, and threw him away. That's how I deal with my fear. And yes, I'm still scared of him to this day. I refuse to watch that movie, but Ryan says he is going to get our kids addicted to watching it over and over again just to torture me.

6) When I'm watching something very emotional on t.v., like a story on babies, or family or something, and my eyes start welling up and I want to cry, I start laughing instead. I guess to counter act the crying, I laugh to diffuse the tears. It's the weirdest thing. All that emotion gets built up, and laughter comes out to relieve it.

That's me in a nut shell....I'm a mixed nut at that. :)

No comments: