Sunday, July 13, 2008

I-DA-HO

Gall, it's been forever since posting on here...nothing new ever happens, and since I don't have any cute kids to blog about yet, I run out of things to say! I figure once we make the big trek to Idaho, I'll have a whole sort of new adventures to blog about, and to keep up with everyone I leave in Arizona!

Ryan and I made a quick trip to Idaho last month with his mom. We decided I had better visit it while it's warm and pretty, before moving in the depths of winter :) Wow. What an eye-opening experience. Idaho has the landscape I like...tons of greenery and mountains/hills. I will admit, as much as I LOVE Arizona, I don't care for the desert scenery much. So I am welcoming this new change to greenery. On the other hand, the part of Idaho we will be living in is SMALL. I've never lived in a small town, and thought that I never WOULD live in a small town...I'm a big city girl at heart, although, keeping an open mind, I've never EXPERIENCED small town life. I could, very well, come to appreciate it MORE than city life. We did a lot of house hunting in our short weekend...and it looks like Ryan's mom is more than likely either building a twin home or a house with a completed basement with kitchen and seperate entrance through the garage, out in Rexburg, ID. That's where BYU-Idaho is, so with the gas costs, etc. these days, Rexburg just made most sense.
(Below are some pictures on our way to Jackson Hole, WY, which is only 2 hours from Rexburg...Yes, that's snow on the mountains in the middle of JUNE).


We got to meet some family friends of Ryan's mom, and it was good to at least meet more people in Idaho that I will be able to feel like I can "do stuff" with...so I won't feel alone. They were so nice and welcoming, and quite honestly, down to earth, which I love.

The closer I get to the "move", the more I realize that I WILL miss my family. I thought it wouldn't be a problem for the most part, since I'm so independent, but just KNOWING that my family is not at arms reach is a little sad for me. But moving on to this new part in our lives as OUR new little family, is exciting too. And I think I'll like the safe/clean/down home part of Idaho that you can't get here in the Valley. It's a totally different atmosphere. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll have some of my own immediate family move out that way in a few years...so I can get the best of both worlds ;) One of my other sisters is more than likely moving to North Carolina in the next month or so, with her 4 boys and husband. It feels so weird that our stagnant life is yet again being shaken up in all sorts of directions!


Right now, we are just trying to save money, get all our debt paid off by the time we leave, and head to Idaho with a little bit of savings. Figuring out what to do with all of our stuff is the next big step...sell it and buy new stuff in Idaho, or rent a U-Haul for over $1K (not including GAS). We'll get it all figured out eventually...I'm just trying not to worry too much about it right now :)


The other thing on my mind most lately is how unforgiving marriage has been with my weight....good golly. I've stayed the same weight for at least two years straight...not that it was my IDEAL weight, but it was a manageable one, and one I could live with. But almost 7 months after marriage, and WOOOAAAHHH NELLY! I've gained almost 15 pounds!!!! Not pretty. As any girl can understand, that can really wreck havok on a girls self esteem. I've felt SO not pretty lately, and my look and attitude can attest to it. I'm very self conscious of how I look and feel right now, and quite honestly, I'm a little depressed about it. Stuck in a rut, and going through the cycle of negativity about it in my head. Making dinner for TWO people is so different now (I was ok eating cereal every night as a single girl, but that doesn't work for Ryan :). I'm going to try to get determined to LOSE the weight before moving to Idaho. Not only for myself, but to also prepare my body the best for hopefully having babies once we are out there. My cholesterol and triglycerides aren't at their best. I've got a lot of work to do...I'm just hoping I can do it. I'm at a loss for meal ideas, and controlling the snacking that goes on at our house. Blah, blah, blah.


Anyways, that's about it for us. Nothing new yet, but I'm sure more will come in the next few months. It's late, and I have work in the morning...so I'm off for now!

Sweet dreams,
Pam




No comments: