Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cooking the Casserole (Ryan Blog Excerpt)

**NOTE--This is somewhat of a special blog :) Ryan and I had been dating for a month now...and he FINALLY was living here in the valley (he moved down a few weeks prior to this blog). At the end of every night, I could TELL that Ryan wanted to tell me that he loved me SOOO BAD! He would say things instead like,"I really like being with you", etc., instead. Finally, on this night, I had just gone home from his house for the night. When I got home, I got on Myspace to check out what was going on, and I found this blog instead! I knew EXACTLY what Ryan was hinting at. He was using the characters from Mystery Science Theater 3000 (some of you may remember that old show, where they would watch old movies and make fun of them the whole time). Both of us loved that show, and had somewhat of a connection with each other because of it. I knew that his analogy was wondering if the time was right for him to tell me he loved me or not. The best part is that when my roomate read it, she had NO IDEA what it meant :) She didn't understand how I got all that from his blog, I guess cause she couldn't read into the analogy. Ryan said that was good, cause he knew if it was time for him to tell me he loved me, he knew I would understand the blog, but if it wasn't, I wouldn't get it....the blog was written just for me to understand...not others. OF COURSE I got it...I was so excited reading it! I'll post MY response to HIS blog at the end of his blog below :)**PAM

Friday, July 13, 2007

"How do you know when it's ready?" Tom asked wonderingly as he stared at the casserole in the oven.

"Well, that's the trick...This casserole is very special, and no one knows exactly how long it takes to bake". Joel replied.

"It smells good. We should just pull it out now!" Crow declared.

"No, no, no, we can't risk that" Joel said.

"I really don't understand this casserole or why it's so mysterious... If this stupid casserole is so dang hard to make, then why in the heck are we making it Joel?!" Tom was beginning to get frustrated.

"Well, let me explain some of this to you guys...even though you probably won't get it because you're just robots and the mads won't let us go home". Joel stood there as he contemplated how best to explain it.

"Everybody loves a good casserole. It's comfort food, and it makes a person very happy..."

"This is really lame Joel..."

"Don't interrupt me Crow! One day you might have to make this casserole, and you need to know why it's so good. Anyway, where was I? Oh right..."

This particular casserole is the BEST casserole that a person can make because it has only the favorite ingredients of whoever is making it. And because everyone uses different ingrediants, no one knows exactly how long it needs to cook. Usually they take a little while to cook. Once every so often one is ready just minutes after you put it into the oven. You just have to pay attention and do your very best to pull it out at the right time.

"So is the right time now?" Tom asked pointedly.

"I think it's pretty close... I'm just afraid to ruin it..."

"Ah Joel, what's the worst that could happen? Let's just pull it out- it's smells soooo good!" Tom was starting to sound desperate.

"Hold your horses mister! Haven't you heard the phrase, 'good things come to those who wait'?" Joel shot back.

"But if you wait too long, that's just as bad as pulling it out too early..." Crow definitely had a point.

"I know, I know. I'll do it! Just a little bit longer, I just want to make sure it's ready. Ok guys?" Joel said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE END OF RYAN'S BLOG---Now, here is Pam's response:

"**DING** Casserole is DONE! :)"

In which Ryan replied:

"Most definitely! :)"

The very next night, sitting on Ryan's couch, it got quiet for a moment, and then Ryan blurted out,"I love you, Pam!" :) It was cute, cause with how much energy it took when he blurted it out, you know how nervous he really was, and how relieved he was to just finally say it!

No comments: