Thursday, July 17, 2008

What can brown cookies do for you?

Late last night, Ryan decided to make our chocolate chip cookies. These are the type of cookies that come in a package, and all you have to do is add eggs and butter.
Not much to it....just the way I like it! I was so proud of Ryan cause he was in the kitchen making them all on his own...when he puts in his first batch of cookies in the oven and says,"I don't know....we'll see how these turn out....things turn out weird whenever I make them, especially baking." I wasn't sure why he was so pessimistic about it all (Ryan is generally a VERY optimistic person...enough for both of us, cause I am on the pessimistic end of things). As he was coming out into the living room to wait for them to bake, I decide I need a bite of cookie dough! How can you NOT take a bite of cookie dough when making cookies?? That's the best part! So as I pass by him and tell him I need a bite, he gets this kinda weird look on his face and says he hopes they turn out ok. As I go into the kitchen and look into the mixer bowl, I see this:



BROWN COOKIES!!!! WHAT??? These were just normal chocolate chip cookies....nothing brown about them, except for the chocolate chips! I was SOOO perplexed! I asked Ryan WHAT happened, and he said he didn't know! He said the mix was white when it came out of the package, but brown when he stirred it all together! HUH??? I just couldn't understand this, or why it happened. I SWORE he was lying to me, and just trying to play a joke on me. I kept bugging him over and over about what happened and what he put in it. I thought he might have put some cocoa in it or something, just to make me freak out or something. He promised me he did nothing to the cookies. The dough TASTED normal...it just didn't LOOK normal. The cookies were pretty flat, which we didn't mind, but they didn't rise very much. And after they were done cooking, this is what they looked like (and they WEREN'T burned...far from it!).



So weird!!! I'm still so confused as to what happened to the cookies...but they taste good :) Does anyone know what might have happened?

Ryan works tonight, so I'm off to clean the house to keep me busy until he gets home around 10 p.m. We are so excited cause Batman comes out this weekend! We're planning on going to see it Saturday morning (when it's cheaper and less crowded!). We can't wait! :)

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Pam and Ryan! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog- now I can read all about the two of you! Welcome to the family (a bit belated!) and I love your wedding dress. Oh, and I've made the cookies from a pouch a few times and they come out looking just like yours did. I thought I did something wrong, glad to know I'm not the only Price with cookie-making issues! :)

Mauzy Fam said...

That is so weird about the cookies! Maybe the chocolate chips melted and dyed everything?? I don't know. At least they tasted good, huh?

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Hi Pam and Ryan-
I'm Michelle Price. My husband, Mike is Ryan's cousin (son of Tom). I had no idea that Ryan had gotten married. I was reading Sara's blog and saw a reference to the Price Family Newsletter. I think we got missed by that since I have no clue about it. Who is in charge of that? I would love to be receiving that.
It's nice to kindof meet you. I'll be dropping by your blog now and then. That's kindof what I do. Feel free to browse ours. Maybe we'll meet one day in person.
-Michelle Price

Raina said...

Hey Pam! I didn't know you got married. How awesome. I will have to add you to my contacts.
Raina